APEX STRUCTURAL DESIGN LTD
Steel Detailing, Design & BIM Services
For over 20 years, the staff of Apex Structural Design have been providing quality detailing services to customers throughout North America. Our commitment to service, quality and efficiency will ensure that your projects are handled promptly and consistently. At Apex Structural Design, we focus on providing the highest quality services at a competitive price from within North America.
At Apex Structural Design, we are committed to being a full service detailing provider and handle all types of work from small miscellaneous projects to large commercial and institutional buildings. We are focused on maintaining long-term relationships with our customers and are ready to adapt to suit our customers requirements.
In recent years, or relationships, the development of software and our own proprietary tools has allowed us to expand our focus into design build and design assist services in the steel, timber and mass timber industries
Moving into the future, we will strengthen our solid reputation by tirelessly providing the highest quality product and service that is second to none.
Please contact us at any time to discuss your project or ideas.
Flexible & Responsive
At Apex Structural Design Ltd, our primary focus is customer service. We’ve created smart, flexible and affordable services that are adaptable for all of our clients. No matter what your needs are, our team of design experts will go out of their way to customize our offerings to your demands. From start to finish, we will take you through every step of the process, and all the way to a stunning result. Browse our list of services below and call us today to discuss your projects.
Steel Detailing Services
Design Assist Services
Embedded Metals & Embedded Metals Layouts
Anchor Bolts & Anchor Bolt Layouts
Grating & Grating Layouts
Detailing & Design assist
Prior to Tender
Building Information Modeling
Materials Estimating prior to Tender
Detailing of Modular Structures
Erectability & Crane Lifting Studies
Detailer Training & Detailer Support
Consistent Process - Consistent Results
Our system of tracking all projects, progress, status and project information provides transparency to our customers which provides the confidence to successfully plan and execute fabrication and erection.
At Apex Structural Design, we ensure that our customers have a consistent long-term contact to deal with. By working with key staff, our customers can have confidence that their specific needs are met. Great confidence and comfort comes with working together for long periods of time.
We organize our staff to focus on each of their unique abilities. By placing staff in the roles best suited to the project, maximum accuracy, speed and efficiency are ensured.
We maintain transparency in our projects to ensure customers know our progress and all issues within each project. Web viewer models are available at any stage within projects allowing customers and clients to see status of models.
We provide materials control as part of our standard detailing management system. Accurate materials lists provided at the early stages of each project provide the opportunity for materials optimization, materials nesting and substitutions to suit material availability.
We Have The Capabilities To Build Custom Reports To Suit The Needs Of Each Specific Customer
We Deploy Our Own Transparent System Of Revision Control To Ensure That All Changes Are Fully Controlled Are Clear, Incorporated And Accounted For.
We Have Developed A Controlled Multistage Checking Process While Modeling, Connecting, & During Final Drawing Touch Up. By Using Our Multistage System, Our Customers Are Ensured Of The Highest Accuracy And Quality Control
We deploy our own transparent system of revision control to ensure that all changes are fully controlled are clear, incorporated and accounted for.
By working with the latest technologies, we are able to provide direct download CAM/CNC data for automated equipment eliminating the need for manual programming.
We see our projects as an opportunity to develop standards for long term relationships with our customers. By concentrating on long term relationships we are able to develop standards to fit our customers’ specific needs, which improve efficiency and consistency over time.
We have the ability to increase our manpower with alliances within North America. By working closely with other service providers, we are able to increase our manpower as necessary to handle large projects.
Growing to Meet our Customers Changing Needs
Intermediate Steel Detailer
Apex Structural Design Ltd. is seeking an intermediate Steel Detailer for full time employment in our Red Deer office. We offer competitive rates depending upon experience and employment includes a comprehensive benefits package. Moving expenses and start dates are negotiable.
- Diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary educator in Steel Detailing, Drafting, Architectural Technology, Civil Design, or Mechanical Design.
- Minimum of 3 years Steel detailing experience
- Minimum of one year of direct experience using Tekla for Steel Detailing
- Experience detailing structural steel for commercial buildings, stairs, handrails, and miscellaneous metals.
- Work with Tekla for design and detailing all projects handled by Apex Structural Design Ltd. including structural steel, miscellaneous metals and specialty projects.
- Learn and follow Apex methods, standard and procedures for Detailing, Checking, Model Management, and Project Management.
- Work with Fabricators, Designers, Developers and other trades for the completion of all projects.
- Interpret and detail from consultant drawings, connection design, project information and design sketches
- Participate in design-assist detailing and the BIM process as dictated by project requirements.
- Participate in online project and design meetings.
- Work with peers and in teams when required.
- Self Checking and checking of work from your peers.
- Aid in training and education of your peers.
- Prepare and organize RFI's, schedules, work packages, and submittal packages.
- Ensure technical accuracy and quality of all connections, drawings, and details produced.
- Conduct and represent yourself and out customers in a professional manner.
- All qualified applicants who reside in Canada and are legally able to work within Canada will be considered. Applicants from outside of Canada will not be considered at this time.
- Applicants seeking subcontract work or remote employment will not be considered.
As our industry changes and our range of services grows, we will will require new and motivated talent to join our team.
Feel free to contact us any time.